PHUKET, Thailand – The award-winning 2018 Laguna Phuket Marathon is set to take place 9th and 10th June at Laguna Phuket and will welcome a record number of runners in excess of 8,000 from more than 50 countries.
The event organisers aim to produce a professionally organized, international standard event with the safest possible race conditions. A number of roads used for the course will therefore be closed at certain times during the race (see below), and people are advised to avoid these roads during those times.
Saturday 9th June
1. All roads within Laguna Phuket and main road leading into Laguna Phuket (3:30pm – 7:00pm).
2. Bake Junction - Lagoon Road to Laguna Homes, Angsana Villas, Baan Suan Layan Restaurant and Soi Layan 2 (5:00pm – 7:00pm).
3. Ban Don-Thalang Market – Ban Koktanoad Road – Layan Beach (5:15pm – 7:30pm).
4. Layan 2 Rd., Banyan Tree Hotel Beach Road and Laguna Wedding Chapel (5:20pm – 8:00pm)
Sunday 10 June
1. All roads within Laguna Phuket and main road leading into Laguna Phuket (04:00am – midday).
2. Road 4030 from ‘Bake’ to Ban Don-Thalang Market, Ban Khai Road (04:00am – 11:00am).
3. Bann Pru Jam Pa Rd, NaKoh-Pruchuak Rd, Nong-Wah Rd & Baan Riang Rd. (04:00am – 11:00am).
4. Soi Nai Yang 2 & Nai Yang 16 to Old Airport Road (4031) (05:30am – 11:00am).
5. Ban Don Road – Koktanoad Rd, New Road behind Thalang Victory Field (06:30am – 11:30am).
6. Layan 2 Rd., Banyan Tree Hotel Beach Road and Laguna Wedding Chapel (07:00am – midday).
Course maps for Saturday 9th June and Sunday 10th June are attached and can be viewed online at http://www.phuketmarathon.com/race-venue-course.
The organisers apologize for any inconvenience caused by the temporary roadblocks and
traffic restrictions, and wish to thank everyone in advance for their understanding and kind co-operation.
The Course Maps are available in high resolution from: https://bit.ly/2LZFb5a